Monday, May 28, 2012

Chance's Comic Rating Scale

For awhile when I first started reading comics I simply read them and put 'em away. Not much thought went into what I thought about them. Then at some point I decided to start rating my comics. What I saw from other people was a lot of 9 and 10's but never got much of what they meant. So what I decided to do was make a scale for myself giving each rating a small explanation. Now I'm going to share it with all of you, Here it is:


1 – One of the worst books I have read EVER.  This book is absolute garbage.  This book should never have been published, and is so bad that it might even warrant committing acts of violence against the creators as reparations.

2 – One of the worst books I have read in a while.  This book is bad.  Kicking rocks may actually be more fun than reading this book.

3 –Not necessarily terrible, but with enough problems for me to stop buying it.  Maybe something about it really annoyed me, just not interested in where it is going, or it is just not very good.

4 – Probably stay away from it, but it will not kill you or anything. Not worth continuing.

5 – Indifferent.  It was ok but nothing I have not seen before.

6 – It’s good enough for me to keep reading, but not reaching its full potential.

7 – a good, thought-provoking read.

8 – One of the best books I have read this month.  This book is very good.  May not be an all-time classic but it could certainly be considered a top read.

9 – One of the best books I have read this year.

10 – One of the best books I have read EVER.  A near-perfect comic, featuring exceptionally good art and storytelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment