Friday, June 22, 2012

Review - Mind the Gap #2


I am not usually one to veer far from my regular pull list when I go to my comic shop, but last month I made an exception.  When I saw the cover for Mind the Gap #1, it really grabbed my attention.  The colors and the lines were so great that I decided to pick it up.  Then after reading it, I knew I had to check out issue #2.



 So far, in the story we have the protagonist, Elle, in a coma after an unknown incident.  We then are introduced to a range of other cast members, all of whom seem to be connected to Elle in one way or another. We find that Elle is somehow trapped outside of her body and can enter a sort of limbo space with others similar to her.  She does not remember anything about herself aside from her name.  At the end of issue #1, we find out that she is not like the others and can enter the bodies of those close to death.  So much more goes on during the issue you will really want to pick it up.

Now, on to issue #2.  In this issue, we start getting more information on who some of the characters are and even more questions arise. Elle starts to realize things about her new abilities like how she is not just entering someone else’s body but their mind as well. I am not going to get too deep into the details of the issue because every little bit of every page seems too important to the overall story.

All we know for certain so far, is something has happened to Elle but with potential motive every direction there is many answers yet to be given.  Jim McCann's story is crazy. As I read this comic I’m being dragged into a variety of different stories with each character all while maintaining a grip on the overall group story that is developing. This is such a great compelling mystery, drama, and action comic I have read.  I am usually all over these types of stories and have things figured out in no time but the level of intricacy in this story has me on end trying to figure out what is going to happen next.

As I said about the cover,Rodin Esquejo interior art is just as spectacular.  With such a detailed story, the art had to match that same level and it most definitely does. Each character is clear and distinct even when viewed at a distance. The use of varying viewpoints that are used make for an interesting change up from the norm.

The compelling story and great art is hard to beat I’ll give this issue a 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment